Sonntag, 8. Juni 2014

EQ2: Playing House

"Egads! There's a talking frog in my house", said the talking lizard.
We've "played" Everquest 2 for a few hours last night, without actually playing in the traditional sense. Without killing anything, gaining levels or making progress. I invited Claire and her mum over to my house in Qeynos. It was easy enough to teleport one of them right into my living room, but then the teleport feature acted up when it was time to move Claire, so she had to sneak into the city on foot.

Claire is playing a huge dragon-like Sarnak and they're not exactly welcome in my city. So she had to crawl through the sewers and then have her own personal version of the Zelda OoT guard minigame - except, if the guards catch you trespassing on EQ2, they'll brutally murder you.
It took a while to sneak her half the city watch, but eventually, we all ended up in my home, where everybody had stuffed turkey and hot chocolate. It's not exactly the season for that kind of stuff, but it's the only food I have up for grabs in my house right now.

The buffet is open - ignore the random animals.
The festivities were interrupted when one of my guests tripped over the corpse of Donald. He's the little mallard, who usually sits by the little pond in my garden. Somehow he ended up dead on the rug. It took a little while to figure out how to revive him. And the murderer struck again while we were busy bringing the duck back to life, leaving a trail of corpses out in the garden. Turns out my little flying robot guardians, Gamestation and Playcube, are ruthless killers. They've chopped all my pets to bits and even Kate Moss, my pet skeleton, was all over the place.

All the animals were doomed! Not the frog, though, he's Claire's mother.
I ended up relocating the evil killer robots to the bedroom, which worked out okay- That is, until we decided to leave and go about our daily business. Claire caught one of the robots sneaking out of the bedroom while she was in the process of teleporting out. She caught him eliminating Zoidberg (lil squid-faced guy on the picture above) by electrocution, but she was already in the middle of the zoning process. Maybe I'm gonna have to put them in a shelter.

Meanwhile, Claire has rented herself a nice, big estate with a huge balcony, which lets you look all across the beach of Timorous Deep, the little island where the Sarnaks live. She has spent all day crafting carpets and bookshelves and all kinds of stuff to furnish and decorate her place. I've connected our homes with a portal now, so we can easily move from her home to mine and back, across seas and continents, without having to worry about guards or crawling through sewers. Yay!


And then I just realized you can also live on a boat and OMFGIWANTONE!1

-Cat

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen