Montag, 24. Februar 2014

Steaksteaksteak


Today I celebrate being a man. Well, actually I'm celebrating being a total disgusting pig, but that's essentially the same thing. That thing up there is the Flaming Grill Steak "Challenge". Because eating steak is apparently supposed to be difficult now. Life has been good to us, we've made a bit of money, our internet connection is back and it's time to have some fun.

Well, fun... I'll ask them for the challenge steak minus all the fuss about it. I don't want my fucking picture taken, I don't want to be in their "hall of fame", I just want the damn meat. I don't enjoy being out in public and having a bunch of weirdos decorating me with buttons and badges isn't exactly what I had in mind for tonight. It was annoying and awkward enough when I finished their burger in under 15 minutes. I don't need to repeat that kind of experience.

Our internet connection has finally come back after four days of downtime. Apparently, it had a "blocker" installed for causing "noise" that interferes with police radio or some shit. Queue the conspiracy theories! Seriously though, there's this tiny voice at the back of my head going, "WTF?!"
Oh well, offline time is Skyrim time, so I've had some more fun with that. Yay for interactive bards!


For our multiplayer needs, Claire and I went back to good old Patapon. I love the old PSP. I took a nice hot bath, Claire was in the living room and we still had some fun multiplayer matches together. The joy of wireless coop.

Patapon 3 is one of those games I keep coming back to. It's this weird mix of RPG and rhythm game, which makes absolutely no sense when you look at gameplay footage.
Instead of directly controlling a character, you issue commands with the four drum buttons. There are commands for attacking, defending, advancing and so forth. So rather than doing all the work yourself, you drum along with the rhythm and tell your Patapon what to do and watch as they act out your commands. I might also be the most amazing Patapon player on earth, as demonstrated in the video below:


Four days without internet may not sound all that bad, but I have webcomics to catch up on, contact lenses to order, banking to do, invoices to send, there's the whole booking of face and youtube thing going on, a paypal issue to look into and a dozen other things I could not do while I was offline, many of which are job-related. Oh well. Just another two hours till steak time.

-Cat

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen