Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2015

Heroes

It's 7:15 in the morning while I'm beginning this entry, I've been up all night to write my review on Sword Coast Legends. The game is basically Dragon Age in Forgotten Realms, which is super fucking awesome in my book. Lots of rage going on over at Steam, because the game uses skill trees and cooldowns instead of D&D rules and because the built-in editor only lets you create boring, shitty quests without any depth. I can understand where these people are coming from, but I absolutely love Dragon Age, I love the Forgotten Realms and I loved having to complete Sword Coast Legends in about four days.

As an added bonus, I contacted the PR guys mentioned in the press release thingie I got along with the job and got a reply from none other than the folks at Digital Extremes. They threw a whole ton of Steam keys for friends, colleagues and family at me. I wonder if they're aware of the super awesome Warframe review I wrote for GameStar. What's even more exciting, when I asked them for help with a technical issue I had with Sword Coast Legends, I got a response from Dan Freaking Tudge!

He's the president at SCL-developer n-Space and the main guy behind the game, which is amazing enough, considering I just needed some tech support. But he's also the guy who was in charge of Dragon Age: Origins at Bioware, which is my favourite game of the series. Apparently he also took care of Sonic Chronicles on the Nintendo DS, which was a bit weird, but unlike most newer Sonic game, it didn't suck, so there's that. I absolutely worship this guy and I love my job for letting me get in touch with folks like him. I hope he won't hate me too much when he sees the relatively mediocre rating I gave for Sword Coast Legends. I genuinely care for this game, but it's getting a lot of criticism right now and I'm afraid some of it is actually kind of justified. Sigh. I hope they're gonna support this game for a long while, warts and all. I seriously want to keep playing future content. And now I need a whole lot of sleep.

-Cat

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen