Sonntag, 30. November 2014

Boycotting The Boycot

Damn. After the huge mess that was Call of Duty: Ghosts, I decided not to buy the next game of the franchise. And I swear - I didn't! Problem is, somebody else did it for me and now we're kinda streaming our results.

Our sweet, sweet results.
I won't lie. I'm having more fun with this game than I had anticipated, but it has its fair share of problems, starting with maps, which freeze and stutter like mad to slightly less problematic maps, which let me play at around 20-30 FPS to only maybe one or two maps, which actually run at a full 60. Which, of course, are exactly the maps other players constantly vote for, so the whole experience lacks a certain sense of variety.

One nice touch is the return of user-made emblems, which you can stick on your player card, your uniform, guns and everything. I've made a fun little Berserkerkitten, wielding a giant knife and all that. Yay!

Pictured: Fine art.

Problem is, whenever there's a Call of Duty, which allows players to show off their creativity, the result is always one of two things. A dick or a swastika.

Because idiocy knows absolutely no limits. Also... black dicks? Really?
We have a history of strange neighbours. There was Sam Capone, who used to live upstairs. What a fucking cool name. I bet he had a cool mafioso nickname, too. Sammy "The Knife" Capone or something. Grew weed all day. Whole street smelled of it until even our cats were tripping balls. Most creative phase in my career as a writer. They busted him in winter, when our house was the only one without snow on the roof.

I might have told you guys about that one night where I heard the lady upstairs fight with a man and I wanted to rush out and stop the guy from doing whatever he was doing to the poor woman. Turned out he was running for his life while she tried to shank him with a broken bottle. That same lady also set fire to her kitchen and just closed the door and ignored it, hoping for it to go away by itself.

Our newest neighbour tends to leave little notes, complaining about how our noisy tv is keeping her up all night. Which is funny, because we don't have a tv. Claire uses my computer monitor to watch her soap operas three times a week (in the afternoon, which isn't exactly the middle of the night) and that's pretty much it. I bumped into her earlier tonight and she told me that Claire and I are the reason she doesn't want to live here, because there's a repulsive smell coming from our place, like some dead guy was rotting in our house. Charming. I gave her the thumbs up, said "great" and went back inside, because between that and punching her in the face, I was too confused to come up with any satisfying ways to respond.

For a minute or so I considered going upstairs for round two or to take a piss on her doorstep, but then the pizza was there, everything was good and a few minutes later two guys showed up, banged on her door and shouted for her to let them in. It didn't take long until there were three of four people trying to get inside and when I asked what was wrong, they apologized for the noise. I told them I saw her just a few moments ago and she was behaving a bit... uh... hostile, so I was informed she wasn't being herself and "we may have a problem."

The cops and a bunch of paramedics showed up a little while later. Not entirely sure whether or not they took her away or decided the situation wasn't so bad after all, but they stayed for a while and our house looked like a murder site or something. Our neighbour had breakdowns before (family members banging against the bathroom door while she was shouting at them and calling them names) and I suppose one can suddenly hear phantom television or smell dead people when you're fucked up enough.

So now we're sharing the place with a crazy person. Not entirely sure what to make of this. So the next time she's banging on my door or leaving a note, telling me she caught me setting her cat on fire or some other stupid shit like that, what am I supposed to do? She might be an alcoholic or maybe she's tripping balls or maybe a tumor is making her hallucinate or some shit, so it doesn't seem right to high-five her in the face with a chair. On the other hand this place is both my home and my office and I'm not in the mood to spend the next bunch of years taking abuse from a screaming banshee, just because she's fucking mental.



I finished Dragon Age: Inquisition and it makes me sad. Such a great game, but I reeeeeally don't feel like exploring every last inch of the game world now, finishing every single last side quest and shit, because frankly, that stuff is really just boring filler and doesn't hold a candle to the incredible story. There's a lot of bitching, whining and moaning going on when you look at websites like metacritic, where stupid people talk about how Bioware "ruined the lore" and "shit all over the story" ever since the two Bioware founders left the place. Which is interesting, considering the story was penned by David Gaider, who was already responsible for the first two games. So you mean to tell me that Gaider himself is crapping all over his own lore, simply because the story didn't go in a direction you had personally hoped for? You stupid, stupid assholes. It's the same damn crap that happened in Mass Effect 3. Boooo, we didn't like the controversial ending, let's downvote the fucking game everywhere and hate Bioware for all eternity. I have never kissed a girl.

-Cat

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen