Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2015

Fun With Dead Pets

My first ever reptile was a bearded dragon. They're a little less twitchy and fragile than geckos and still relatively idiot-proof. And they don't live very long, especially when you have a tendency to pick up old, rescued or neglected animals. So let's just say we have a bit of a... rotation. In with the old, out with the dead. It probably sounds a bit more fucked up than it really is. Imagine walking past some scrawny, unwanted little lizard week after week and absolutely nobody wants it. And you have a nice warm vivarium with enough space in it at home. You get the idea. And then you get used to one another, everyone is happy and then they die. Awesome. Yeah, we're not gonna get any more beardies, but maybe we'll use the tank for something that lives a little longer. Baby beardies, maybe? I kid.

I don't believe in beardie heaven, but it seems a bit disrespectful to just flush a dead pet down the crapper or throw it in the garbage, so we tend to bury them. There are two dead reptiles resting in the garden, somewhere underneath our living room window. Or so there were, until the bones came up during a recent weed removing session. Now they're partially in the garbage, anyway. Sigh. Sorry, lizard. Or sorry, snake. Whichever one of you has been dug up by accident. They probably don't mind, what with them being dead and all, but it's still a weird thought to meet again like that. Then again, I used to live with a lady for a while, who kept her great grandfather's skull on a shelf. I'm not making this up. There was a human skull on her bookshelf.


My work around Elder Scrolls Online is coming to an end and I'm fucking exhausted. It was fun, I'm getting some good money out of it (I'm *finally* getting that i7-4790k or whatever next week!), but the surprise level-up marathon is burning me out right now. I handed in a bunch of stuff, everyone was happy, my job was done and then I was asked whether I could level up a sorcerer within a week or two. I'm such a whore.

Sorcerers are fun. For 41 levels now I've been soloing world bosses, anchors and public dungeons with such ease, I honestly cannot say whether they made the game a lot easier since the game's release a year ago or whether my build is just broken and overpowered in some way. Just nine levels to go and a whole bunch of pages to write about how to play, what skills to pick, what items to use, yada, yada, yada. That's great and I'm looking forward to even more money, but the constant grinding of levels on top of my online news coverage every single day, including weekends, is starting to wear me out a bit. Oh well, nearly done now. Oshi-


I am finally getting that article on Warframe! It's only one of the single-most fucking important F2P-Games across multiple platforms and for some inexplicable reason most magazines are extremely reluctant to feature it. I was finally asked to write a little something about it and I'd do it right the fuck now, but I had to postpone it until I'm done with Elder Scrolls. Then Warframe. Claire and Haggy are joining me on there, so it's definitely gonna be a fun job. Still no time to rest, though. Ugh!

I dunno, maybe I'll finally get to chill out on Everquest 2 for a bit by the end of June. Finally get that last expansion, get to the new level cap, get some more goodies for my characters... you know, before Daybreak fucks it up altogether and shuts down the servers for good.
Still gotta find the time for more GTA, as well!



-Cat

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen